The basic engineering procedure for a VLP construction consists of three main steps: (A) cloning and expression of VLP in the expression system, (B) purification of VLP, and (C) formulation. The first step in VLP production is to clone the viral structural genes of interest and expressed in different expression systems including, prokaryotic (bacteria, yeast) or eukaryotic (baculovirus/insect cell, mammalian cell and plant). To obtain an intact VLPs it could be purified using ultracentrifugation and ion exchange chromatography. Finally, it will be formulated for biomedical application.
View the Knowledge base of virus like particles (VLP):
– Virus-like particles (VLP) Platforms for Developing immunogens, vaccines and drug carriers
– What is virus like particles (VLP)?
– GM VLPxTM Virus-like particles development platform
– Virus like particles (VLP) Expression platforms
– Virus like particles (VLP) as immunogens/antigens of transmembrane protein (TM)
– Virus like particles (VLP) for drug delivery
– Virus like particles (VLP) as vaccine
– Virus like particles (VLP) for drug discovery